The Whisky Sour needs diligence, precision… and a lot of muscle. Sharp acidity and texture are the key elements to this classic cocktail, and they are brought together by one ingredient: egg white. In your shaker, combine sugar syrup, lemon juice, whisky and egg white. Follow this with a 'silent shake', i.e. a shake without ice to allow the mixture to froth and form that perfect creamy texture. Add ice, shake once more and strain. It's all about balance and chemistry.
How to make a whisky sour step by step:
- Put the lemon juice and pure cane syrup into a shaker.
- Add Glenmorangie whisky and egg white. Shake vigorously.
- Add ice and shake again.
- Put some ice in a glass. Then strain the mix.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
©2017 Clos19 New York, NY. Clos19 encourages responsible drinking.
- Bar Spoon
- Ice tongs
- Hawthorne strainer
- Lowball glass Here, we used the Massenet Regular Old Fashioned Tumbler glass by Saint-Louis
- 1 2/3 oz Glenmorangie whisky
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/3 oz pure cane syrup
- Egg white
- Ice cubes
- Maraschino cherry