London Fashion Week kicks off today, and our favorite post-catwalk drink is a timeless cocktail: the martini. How do we like it? With vodka, stirred and with a regal touch. Inspired by elegant garden parties, the Royal Martini is a soft and spicy mix of Belvedere Vodka and white vermouth, with some quintessentially English twists – tonic bitters and a cucumber slice – in honor of London’s fashionistas.
How to mix a Royal Martini – step by step
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir for 30 seconds and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
- Mixing glass
- Bar spoon
- Ice tongs
- Martini glass. Here we used the Oxymore cocktail glass by Saint-Louis
- 2 oz Belvedere vodka
- 1/3 oz white vermouth or French fortified white wine
- 1-2 dashes of tonic bitters
- Ice cubes
- Cucumber, sliced thin lengthwise
- Small skewer