GIFT A BESPOKE CHAMPAGNE TOUR
From May to October - 3 days - From $6,900 pp
Make a champagne-lover’s decade this Christmas, by gifting our bespoke Champagne tour. Take them to their favourite part of France and we’ll open the doors to three legendary houses, just for you. You’ll explore Ruinart and Veuve Clicquot’s UNESCO World Heritage cellars in private, taste Moët & Chandon in an exclusive salon visited by Napoleon, and come face to face with the grapes themselves, in those celebrated vineyards.
We’ll tailor every tiny detail of your three-day break to make this gift extraordinary. Celebrating a special anniversary? Let’s see if there’s a vintage champagne to match. Want time to relax? We can arrange an afternoon in the most luxurious of spas. Whether you’ve Michelin-starred tastes or prefer cosy local bistros*, we have excellent restaurants in mind. And to maximise enjoyment, a private driver and Clos19 ambassador can ensure your every need is met.
Your bespoke three days in Champagne includes:
- Five-star accommodation: Stay at the Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa, ideally located in Champillon, with views over the vineyards of Champagne’s Montagne de Reims. Enjoy the spa and explore the countryside on electric bicycles.
- Moët & Chandon tour with your private guide: Discover the cellars in the company of an expert and enjoy different vintages in the same historic salon where Emperor Napoleon himself was hosted several times.
- Ruinart personalised visit: Explore the oldest champagne House, its UNESCO World Heritage cellars and their ancient beginnings. Learn about Ruinart’s long-standing relationship with art, then enjoy a private tasting of two Ruinart champagnes.
- Veuve Clicquot exploration: Discover the soul of this champagne House with your private guide, who will introduce you to the secrets of its most iconic vineyards, then visit the UNESCO World Heritage cellars and indulge in a tasting.
- Private driver: Enjoy every moment, knowing your car will be ready to go whenever you are.
- Clos19 ambassador: Let our ambassador ensure everything goes just as you planned. They’ll be delighted to help out with any little extra touches, too.
- Massage and spa experience*: Take some time to restore with a massage in the luxurious spa of the Royal Champagne.
- Lunches in local elegant brasseries*: Relax over delicious regional specialities in intimate settings, as you get ready for the rest of your day.
- Michelin-starred dinners*: Enjoy dishes created by some of the most talented chefs in the region’s celebrated restaurants.
- Heritage tour with a private guide: For those who love culture, indulge in a private tour of Reims cathedral’s towers and its museum - Palais du Tau, in the heart of Champagne, where 34 French sovereigns were crowned.*
*Optional experiences, additional fees apply
In the details
- ITINERARY Including gastronomy options
- Price & Options
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
ITINERARY Including gastronomy options
We will arrange a driver to meet you at Reims railway station, and take you to your hotel – the five-star Royal Champagne. With panoramic views of the region's natural beauty and an exceptional spa, it’s the ideal spot to relax and restore. That night, enjoy dinner at the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant, The Royal. There, chef Jean-Denis Rieubland will use local produce to whet your appetite for the days ahead.
Today, you will explore Ruinart and Veuve Clicquot. Ruinart is the oldest champagne house, founded in 1729. Here, you’ll learn how Ruinart was inspired by monk Dom Thierry Ruinart. Your host will reveal the House’s long association with the artistic world, reflected in its many works of art. Then, take a personal tour through the majestic crayères, or cellars – part of a UNESCO World Heritage site. Finally, retire to a private salon to taste two Ruinart champagnes and vintages. After lunch* at an excellent local brasserie, you’ll be ready to visit Veuve Clicquot – a House which still reflects the pioneering spirit of Madame Clicquot, the so-called Grande Dame of Champagne. She invented the first-known vintage champagne in 1810 and much more. Your Veuve Clicquot guide will share the House’s stories as you explore its cathedral-like cellars, created from former chalk mines. Then taste vintages, rosés (Madame Clicquot created the very first blend of rosé champagne too), and perhaps a rare Grande Dame vintage – a tribute to Madame herself. That evening, enjoy dinner at one of the most exciting Michelin-starred restaurants in the region. Over delicious dishes created by expert chefs, take a moment to swap your favourite memories of the day.
After breakfast, your Moët & Chandon private guide will escort you round the historic cellars, as you explore the House’s 270 years of innovation and appreciate how Moët & Chandon has become a symbol for celebration. Then discover the unique characters of different vintages through a vertical tasting, in the very salon where Jean-Rémy Moët, the founder’s grandson, entertained Emperor Napoleon. No wonder Moët & Chandon’s signature cuvée is named Impérial. Next, if you’d like a little time out, we recommend a massage in the hotel’s exceptional spa. Or if you love history, let us arrange a private tour of Reims cathedral’s towers and a visit of the Palais du Tau with a private guide* (additional fees apply). Finally, enjoy lunch* at the Royal Champagne’s Brasserie Le Bellevue – French for “beautiful view” – as you gaze over the Champagne region from your window seat, you’ll understand how it got its name. After lunch, we can arrange your return to Reims. Or if you’d like to extend your stay to explore more of the region, we will be only too happy to help. For instance, for an additional fee, we can arrange for you to stay in nearby Reims, a city central to champagne’s story – and the splendid backdrop to the coronation of 34 French kings. If you haven’t already visited, we can offer a private tour of the Cathedral’s towers and its museum – the Palais du Tau.
Price & Options
Prices from £5,990 per person (6,900€), based on three nights and four guests sharing Royal rooms at the Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa five-star hotel. Includes all details above: private Ambassador Clos19, hotel, tours with a private guide, Michelin-starred dinners and other lunches detailed including all alcohol drinks as mentioned. Excludes options specifically mentioned as ‘Additional fee applies’ denoted with an asterisk. Programmes are tailor-made and will be adapted to your needs and budget.
This experience is organised and sold by 1889 Travel (“Third Party”).
Please note that planned activities may vary and are subject to availability and weather conditions in Champagne. Additional nights and activities can also be arranged on request. Payment in full is required at time of booking. Payments are taken in EUR (€) with the exchange rate applicable on the purchase date of the experience.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This experience is organised and sold by 1889 Travel (“Third Party”).
Please click on the following link to view the Third Party Terms applicable to this experience.
By making a booking, you agree for yourself and on behalf of each person named in your booking that you are over 18 years old, you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions and to the Third Party Terms that apply to this experience and you confirm that you have read our Privacy & Cookies Notice and the Privacy Statement of the Third Party.
What sets Clos19 apart is the immersion element………Clos19 is in charge and the sense of immersion goes to a different level.
By Forbes.com, 2019
For serious champagne connoisseurs, Clos19’s exclusively curated tour in the Reims Champagne region shouldn't be missed.
Clos19…….caters to travellers with a penchant for exclusive, unforgettable moments and memories.