Product DetailsThe 2013 vintage of Bodega Numanthia's signature wine is intense and concentrated. Born from an atypical vintage, it has an extraordinary balance and complexity gained from extended maturation. The tinta de toro grapes harvested for Numanthia 2013 displayed vibrancy and freshness, and their finely tuned tannic structure captured the elegance and power of Spain's renowned Toro region.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Decant three to four hours before serving to experience the wine’s precise flavors at their peak
- Service temperature - 59-65°F
- When to drink - From now to 2033
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 15%
Blend and Origin
Bodega Numanthia Numanthia 2013
From very old vines, between 70 and 100 years old, in Valdefinjas, Morales de Toro, Toro and Venialbo, the grapes in this 100% tinta de toro gained their fresh fruit expression and lively acidity from a long, slightly cooler ripening period. Fermented in stainless steel, then aged 18 months in French oak and 20 months in the bottle, the resulting wine is intense and persistent, with a finely knitted structure.
A vibrant vintage
More to try
One for traditional Spanish dishes
Focus on robust flavors for this wine. Begin with pan-fried squid and chorizo, topped with a garlicky piquillo pepper sauce.
A classic dish of roasted lamb or duck – or even suckling pig – is sure to hold its own with Numanthia 2013.