Why is it that Mai Tai sounds as if it was invented in the South Pacific? Well, even though its origins are American, the first two people to taste the drink, a couple from Tahiti, exclaimed “Mai tai roa ae!”. Roughly translated, this means “the best in the world”. Enough said! The Mai Henny Tai is a tropical variation of the classic cocktail. The intense fruity flavors of Hennessy V.S.O.P mixed with the sparkling notes of citrus fruit bring a warmth that conjures up the enticing feeling of being on an tropical beach.
How to make a Mai Tai step by step
- Place all the ingredients into a shaker and add ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a highball/tall glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and a sprig of mint.
- Hawthorne strainer
- Ice tongs
- Tall/Highball glass
- 2 oz Hennessy V.S.O.P Cognac
- ½ oz orange curacao
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz orgeat syrup
- Splash of simple syrup (sugar syrup)
- Ice cubes
- Orange wedge
- Sprig of mint