Product DetailsVintage 2004 from Krug is more citrus-led and precise than those before it. Christened “Luminous Freshness” by the maison, its zippy minerality captures the essence of the year. Krug 2004 is the last of the second trilogy in the history of the House, the first being 1988, 1989 and 1990 and the second 2002, 2003 and 2004. At the House of Krug each Krug Vintage is crafted to be different, created to reveal the expression of a year’s specific character, captured uniquely as only the House of Krug can. There are as many stories as there are Krug Vintages.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54°F
- When to drink - Drink now through 2035+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 2004
In the Champagne region in 2004, favorable weather helped to encourage good grape ripening and an abundant harvest. Selected to become a vintage due to their distinct character, the fruits were precise and luminous. This blend of 39% chardonnay, 37% pinot noir and 24% meunier spent over 12 years in Krug’s cellar to gain finesse.
More to try
Enjoy with citrusy dishes
Pan-seared scallops served with a lemon-butter sauce and sprinkling of fresh thyme are the perfect complement.
Try chicken thighs marinated in lemon and lime juice – and plenty of herbs – then roasted until golden brown and served with steamed asparagus.