Product DetailsCrafted during a climatically chaotic year, Krug 2000 is called “Stormy Indulgence” by the maison. Having spent more than 12 years in Krug’s cellars, this vintage champagne exhibits extraordinary finesse. Krug Vintage 2000 is one of the maison’s most intense champagnes, created during one of the warmest years in which Krug has made a vintage. Powerful and aromatic, it has strong aging potential.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54ºF
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.0%
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 2000
This vintage comprises 42% pinot noir, which provides power, 43% aromatic and expressive chardonnay, and 15% generous meunier. The year 2000 was extreme – hot, rainy and stormy, but the harvest was bountiful and the grapes were astoundingly rich, creating a vintage that combines the complexity and generosity of a very exciting year.
More to try
Sweet, sour and spicy will match this champagne’s intensity
This vintage will complement the bold flavors of contemporary sweet and sour dishes such as caramelized scallops and pineapple.
A dark poultry such as cornish game hen or duck, served with a confit of vegetables and a spicy sauce or rich gravy, is a perfect pairing.
This champagne is excellent with desserts featuring roasted fruits, such as bananas fosters or a peach cobbler.