Product DetailsInitially labeled a shy and quiet vintage, the 1988 thrived in Krug’s cellars. It has come into its own after 25 years, revealing its full unique acidity, exquisite structure and crystalline finish. This sensational champagne is full of decadent fruit and spice – and will continue to develop with age. This vintage reflects the best of Krug’s savoir-faire.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54ºF
- When to drink - Drink now through 2020+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.5%
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 1988
A blend of pinot noir (50%), chardonnay (32%) and meunier (18%) grapes from plots across 21 Champagne villages, the 1988 was created in a year of near-perfect conditions. A slow maturation period allowed the sugar levels of the grapes to develop steadily and the acidity levels to build. The result is a champagne of balance, with freshness and maturity working in harmony.
More to try
This beautiful vintage complements unctuous dishes
Enjoy with a light starter of sea bass sautéed in butter, accompanied by a simple green salad.
Turbot in a hollandaise sauce will create a charming pairing with the 1988.
Fruit desserts topped with almonds and carrying a hint of vanilla will deliver a perfect balance of flavors.