At Krug, each vineyard plot is considered a musician, imparting its own character to the champagne. This collection celebrates three different interpretations of the 2004 vintage in Champagne.Experience three unique expressions of an outstanding year: from the soloist Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 and the ensemble of Krug 2004 to the full orchestra of Krug Grande Cuvée 160ème Édition.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54°F
- When to drink - From now to 2025+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
Blend and Origin
Krug Soloist to Orchestra 2004 Trio
Clos du Mesnil 2004, comprising 100% chardonnay from Krug’s single walled plot, is a true rarity. Vintage 2004 blends chardonnay (39%), pinot noir (37%) and meunier (24%), while 160ème Édition blends 120 wines from 12 years, the eldest dating to 1990 and the youngest to 2004. The vintage was distinguished by its characterful grapes, and expressive, elegant champagnes.
Pair with rich, simply prepared seafood
Clos du Mesnil 2004
Pair this rare champagne with lobster or an elegant sole meunière.
Try pan-seared scallops served with a lemon-butter sauce, followed by roasted duck breast marinated in orange juice.
Grande Cuvée 160ème Édition
Start with a creamy artichoke soup, then pair turbot with black truffles.