Product DetailsTime is the ultimate guiding principle at Krug, and the Krug Collection vintage champagnes encapsulate this perfectly. Aged for 25 years, Collection 1990 is striking in its opulence and freshness. Collection 1990 is the second incarnation of Krug 1990. One of only three vintages to be held back in Krug’s cellars after its original release, this champagne is powerful, elegant and distinctive.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54ºF
- When to drink - Drink now through 2025+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.0%
Blend and Origin
Krug Collection 1990
This blend comprises pinot noir (40%), providing the champagne’s power, chardonnay (37%), which imparts elegance, and meunier (23%), which brings freshness. A mild winter followed by a frosty spring was tempered by a hot, sunny summer, resulting in a harvest that produced this rich and balanced champagne with structure and – of course – potential for aging.
More to try
Its creamy generosity complements rich, earthy cuisine
Indulge the senses by pairing this champagne with morel risotto; duck served with sweet, caramelized turnips; or boudin blanc with truffles.
Finish with a gingerbread and orange tiramisu, cooked apples topped with toasted almond slivers, or aged Comté cheese.