Product DetailsMade from 100% pinot noir grown in the 1.68 acre Clos d’Ambonnay, this rare vintage blanc de noirs is characterized by its intensity and depth – emblematic of Krug’s dedication to innovation. Named after the vineyard in which it is grown, this exceptional champagne is all about singularity, embodying the individuality of one grape varietal, grown on one plot, during one single year.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 48-54ºF
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.5%
Blend and Origin
Krug Clos d'Ambonnay 2000
This 100% pinot noir is characterized by the climatically chaotic 2000. After a clement spring, July saw heavy rainfall and a destructive hailstorm. A warm August and September allowed for bountiful and astoundingly rich grapes – harvested in a single day – and a balanced and intense champagne. Only 5,158 bottles were released, each one individually numbered.
More to try
A champagne suited to sweet or spicy food
Enjoy with an earthy, spiced lamb tagine accompanied by sweet potato mash seasoned with a dash of grated nutmeg.
Serve with a dessert packed with candied, jeweled fruits.