Product Details“Distinctively smooth,” reads the sleek, black bottle, and surely no truer words were written about Hennessy’s contemporary amber-hued cognac – a lighter and fresher expression of the spirit. Delicately floral yet with a multifaceted intensity thanks to its youth and time spent in old French oak barrels, the versatile Hennessy Black is fun and sophisticated, and perfect for mixing.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Serve neat, on the rocks or with a dash of water, in a highball or in a cocktail
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 40.0%
Blend and Origin
Hennessy Black is a blend of 45 different eaux-de-vie selected for their elegant floral characteristics that are aged for at least two years in French oak barrels. The barrels themselves are older, imparting a gentler wood influence on the cognac. Subtler flavors are encouraged to develop, and the spirit is a lighter hue than a cognac aged in new oak.
More to try
Hennessy Black Trailblazer
- 2 oz Hennessy Black
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 oz agave nectar
- 2 dashes orange bitters (preferably Regan’s No.6)
- Garnish: orange twist
In a shaker filled with ice, combine cognac, lemon juice, agave nectar and orange bitters and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass over one large ice cube and garnish with an orange twist.