Product DetailsDeriving its name from the Gaelic word for “gold” and extra-matured in French barrique barrels from Sauternes, the single malt Nectar d’Or is a 12-year-old scotch of honeyed indulgence. Inspired by the allure and romance of French patisserie, this single malt gradually opens up in the glass. When a touch of water is added, brioche and croissant aromas burst through.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 46.0%
Blend and Origin
Glenmorangie Nectar d’Or
The creation of Nectar d’Or involves a 10-year maturation period in American white-oak casks. From here, the blend is moved over to hand-selected wine barriques from Sauternes for two years of extra-maturation, where it is infused with rich, spicy and pastry-like flavors. As a finishing touch, the whisky is non-chill filtered to develop additional character and mouthfeel.
More to try
- 1 2/3 oz Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or single malt scotch
- 1/3 oz burnt Applewood syrup
- 2 dashes of Peyshaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Pinch of sea salt
Stir with lots of ice for around 5 minutes. Pour into a chilled rocks glass, over cubed ice.
Add a slice of apple peel and garnish of pine leaf.