Product DetailsIn P3, the 1971 vintage has reached its third plénitude, a privileged period when a champagne reaches a new level of expression. Intensely rich and streamlined, and more complex than ever. When a champagne is allowed to rest on its lees – the yeast created during secondary fermentation – wondrous things can happen. P3 1971 has spent over 30 years slowly evolving and transforming.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 50-54°F
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.5%
Blend and Origin
Dom Pérignon P3 1971
A cold, dry winter and spring frosts caused concern in the vineyards in 1971, but more clement weather in September encouraged the development of grapes worthy of a vintage. A proportion of the 1971 vintage then spent more than 30 years maturing on lees in Dom Pérignon’s cellars before the cellar master determined it had reached its third plénitude.