This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
What Information do we collect?
We may collect information about you. This may include the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to us when registering with us. This may include your name, address, delivery information, date of birth, and email address; and
- information that you provide to us when subscribing to our website, newsletters and email services;
- information that you provide to us when you attend an event;
- information we combine from multiple sources. This may including information from third parties. It may also include information we collect offline; and
- any other information that you send to us or we collect about you. This may include information we collect passively about your browser or device (e.g. IP addresses).
How do we collect your information?
We collect information:
- directly from you. This may include information when you register on the Site or make an online purchase.
- from you passively. For example, we use common tracking tools like cookies and web beacons. We do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them in our About Ads Policy below. We also collect information from our mobile apps.
- from third parties. For example, social media websites may provide us with information about you.
- by combining information from multiple sources. If you subscribe to one of our services, we may combine the information we already have about you. When you visit our Sites, we may also combine new information with information we already have about you. We may also combine information about you that we learn from third parties. We may also combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
What about cookies?
For more information, please view our About Ads policy below.
How do you use my personal data?
We may use your personal data:
- to handle orders. This includes to deliver products and services or process payments. It also includes preventing fraud and communicating with you about you orders.
- to generally to maintain your account with us. This may include responding to your requests or questions.
- to comply with our legal obligations. Or to share your data in connection with legal processes or litigation.
- to understand your preferences better. This includes running our loyalty program.
- to ensure the security and integrity of our website.
- to serve you with electronic content and advertising.
- among our Moët Hennessy brands to help us provide relevant content and services.
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, we may share your personal data with:
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with companies that handle payment transactions for us. It also includes travel related agencies acting as independent data controllers.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties. This may be in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation. It may also relate to alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any of our other users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites. Please contact them directly for more information.
Opting out of marketing emails. You can opt out of marketing emails by following the instructions in any marketing emails you receive. You may also log into your account and change your settings. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
Controlling cookies and tracking tools. You can choose to turn off tracking tools. To learn how, read our Do Not Track policy in the About Ads Policy below. However if you don't provide us with information you will not be able to participate in certain features, like contests or sweepstakes. Also, if you turn off tracking, some features may not work.
We use standard security measures
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to this notice by email.
Persons under legal drinking age are prohibited
Our sites and apps are for adults of legal drinking age. We do not solicit from, knowingly collect information about, market to, or sell products or services to persons under the legal drinking age. When accessing this Site or placing an order, you confirm you are age 21 years or over.
Should you have any questions about this notice or the way we process your personal data, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us:
Moët Hennessy USA
85 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10011
About Ads Policy
WE USE COMMON TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or apps. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. In this policy “we” and “us” refers to both Moët Hennessey USA and our vendors. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
Cookies - what are they?
A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag. Cookies are stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
Cookies are used by most major websites, including ours. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
HOW DO WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
We use tracking tools and some other data stored on your device to:
- give you a better online experience;
- allow you to set personal preferences;
- protect your security;
- recognize new or past customers;
- store your password if you are registered on our site;
- serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising);
- observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms;
- To integrate with third-party social media websites;
- measure and improve our service, and;
- work with partners and measure marketing.
SO WHAT INFORMATION IS KEPT BY THE COOKIE?
A cookie will typically hold:
- the name of the website that it has come from;
- how long the cookie will stay on your device, and;
- a value – usually a randomly generated unique number.
WE ENGAGE IN INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. This might include apps.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
HOW DO WE GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FOR INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We or our partners might also look at your location. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY ON MY COMPUTER?
Session cookies only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customized for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive until either you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These cookies may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
YOU CAN CONTROL CERTAIN TRACKING TOOLS
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Choices you select are browser and device specific.
YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF CERTAIN ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.