The Clos19 Clerico, a white sangria
Take a splash of Spanish, a dash of French ‘je ne sais quoi’ and a large sprinkle of South American charm. Welcome to Buenos Aires.
Argentina's capital is a multicultural melting pot with a particular fancy for all things French. Let’s don our mixology tools and channel this dynamic cocktail of cultures with a twist on the ‘clerico’ – the Argentinian sangría blanco – to create a white, South American sangria with added French flourish.
Take a crisp white wine (we love the uber-aromatic Terrazas de los Andes Torrontés) and add a heady mix of tropical and citrus fruit with a kick of cognac – Hennessy cognac, of course. Transport yourself to a summer night in San Telmo, with a sip of your own Clos19 Clerico. Here’s how:
HOW TO MIX THE CLOS19 CLERICO - STEP BY STEP
- In a large carafe or a punch bowl, combine each liquid ingredient
- Add the sliced fruits
- If you have time, allow to macerate in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight for maximum flavour.
- Just before serving, add large ice cubes and stir gently to chill
- Garnish with a few slices of fresh fruit
- Ice tongs
- Bar spoon
- Carafe or punch bowl
- Lowball glasses
- 12 oz Hennessy V.S
- 12 oz white wine (torrontés, sauvignon blanc or similar crisp white)
- 4 oz fresh mango juice
- 4 oz whte cranberry juice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Orange wheels
- Sliced white grapes
- Peach slices