Product DetailsCape Mentelle’s fresh and vibrant take on the traditional dry rosé style, the Rosé 2017 delivers delicate aromas, an enticing colour, vinous fruit flavours and a refreshing acidity. The shiraz, grenache, tempranillo and sangiovese grapes from vineyards in Western Australia’s Margaret River region each bring their unique terroir-driven character to this rosé blend.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - To enjoy young, decant before serving
- Service temperature - 50-54°F
- When to drink - Ready to drink now
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (50-59°F), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Additional information - Contains sulfites
- Alcohol by volume - 14%
Blend and Origin
Cape Mentelle Rosé 2017
For this blend of shiraz (78%), grenache (8%), tempranillo (8%) and sangiovese (6%), winemakers assessed each batch of grapes individually, then used two rosé-making techniques: skin soaking and direct pressing, and saignée (for the shiraz). Fermentation in stainless steel helps to maintain the grapes’ fresh fruit character, while maturation on lees adds a rich texture.
More to try