Product DetailsFierce and untamed, Corryvreckan takes its name from a legendary whirlpool located off the coast of northern Islay. This deep, peppery scotch encapsulates the allure of this natural wonder. Ardbeg Corryvreckan is heady and intense – and as powerful as its namesake. It displays the peatiness for which Ardbeg is renowned, with unique dark, chewy flavors and a long finish.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 57.1%
Blend and Origin
Originally intended as a limited-edition whisky, Corryvreckan was so loved that it became part of Ardbeg’s regular collection. Aged first in new French oak and then in ex-bourbon casks, the whisky develops the intense spicy and sweet flavors that set it apart. Corryvreckan is non-chill filtered to retain maximum flavor, body and depth.
More to try
- 1½ oz Ardbeg Corryvreckan single malt scotch
- ½ oz Glenmorangie The Original single malt scotch/li>
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juicelt/li>
- 3/4 oz honey-ginger syrup
- Garnish: candied ginger
Pour ingredients into a shaker, fill with ice and shake. Strain over fresh ice into an old fashioned/rocks glass.