Product DetailsInspired by the Mull of Oa, the cliffs protecting the Ardbeg distillery from the wild Atlantic Ocean, An Oa embraces its contrasts. This whisky balances roundness with Ardbeg's signature intensity. To create the complex An Oa, whiskies matured in three different types of cask – Pedro Ximénez sherry, virgin charred oak and ex-bourbon – are blended together in a bespoke gathering vat.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Alcohol by volume - 46.60%
Blend and Origin
Ardbeg An Oa
For An Oa, whiskies matured in three different types of cask are brought together in Ardbeg's new, specially designed gathering vat. Ex-Pedro Ximénez sherry casks deliver sweetness, virgin charred oak brings spice, and ex-bourbon imparts Ardbeg’s hallmark intensity. In the gathering vat the single malt develops impressive balance and roundness. Non chill-filtered.