Women Shaking up the World of Mixology: Triple C with Hennessy
Meike's serve brings a 19th-century favourite right up to date. Inspired by a classic crusta, named for its sugar-crusted rim, it sets off Hennessy's nutty side with vanilla and the lightness of Moët & Chandon. And with cognac, champagne and crusta in the mix, you'll see why it's called Triple C.
THE STEP BY STEP RECIPE
- Rim glass with tonka bean and vanillla sugar.
- Take a cocktail shaker, add ice and all the ingredients except for champagne.
- Shake and strain into rimmed glass.
- Top with champagne.
- 50mL Hennessy V.S.
- 10 mL vanilla syrup
- 20 mL lime juice
- 50mL pear juice
- 1mg Tonka bean
- 50 mL Moët & Chandon Brut
- Champagne glass
- Tonka bean and vanilla sugar