London Fashion Week kicks off today, and our favourite post-catwalk drink is a timeless cocktail: the martini. How do we like it? With vodka, stirred and with a regal touch. Inspired by elegant garden parties, the Royal Martini is a soft and spicy mix of Belvedere Vodka and white vermouth, with some quintessentially English twists – tonic bitters and a cucumber slice – in honour of London’s fashionistas.
How to mix the Royal Martini– step by step
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice
- Stir until cold and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with the slice of cucumber.
- Mixing glass
- Bar spoon
- Ice tongs
- Cocktail glass. Here we used the Oxymore cocktail glass by Saint-Louis
- 60 mL Belvedere vodka
- 10 mL white vermouth or French fortified white wine
- 2 dashes of tonic bitters
- Ice cubes
- Pickled cucumber ribbon