Rittenhouse Wassail punch
Try something different at your next cocktail party with a Rittenhouse Wassail punch. Originally a variation of mulled wine, roasted apples, curdled cream and cloves. Today, the mixture is lighter and fruitier, but packs just as much of a punch.
How to mix a Rittenhouse Wassail punch – the step by step recipe
- Add cloves, allspice, ginger, cinnamon sticks, and peppercorns to a large pot.
- Add the cider, cranberry juice, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the Glenmorangie whisky to a glass mug and top up with the heated mixture.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
- Nutmeg grater
- 30 mL / 1 oz Glenmorangie whisky per drink
- 12 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- ½ fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole white peppercorns
- 1 gallon fresh apple cider
- 180 mL / 6 oz cranberry juice
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- Grated nutmeg