Porcini and Scamorza Risotto with Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut
Veuve Clicquot gave carte blanche to a group of ‘New Makers’ to create bold new food pairings for their champagne. Skye McAlpine (@skyemcalpine) wanted to create a simple, tasty risotto, with a twist in her instinctive style. More than a job, food for her, is “pure pleasure". According to Skye, cheese is what makes a good risotto. Her Porcini and Scamorza Risotto pairs boldly with our Yellow Label Brut Champagne, amplifying the freshness of the champagne with the earthy flavours of the mushrooms.
- Vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- An onion
- Porcini mushrooms
- Arborio rice
- A little white wine
- Grated Scamorza
- Butter and fresh parsley
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- Heat the oil in heavy-based pan and fry off the onion with a little salt, until soft.
Add the Porcini and cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add the rice and cook until it crackles and is starting to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 5 minutes until it has been absorbed into the rice.
Add the stock, ladleful by ladleful and let each one absorb before you add more, continuing for about 20 minutes until the rice is plump but firm.
- Melt the Scamorza into the risotto for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and melt the butter through the rice, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with parsley and serve.