A blend of grapes from Carneros AVA and Rutherford, two of Napa Valley's coolest sites, Newton Vineyard Unfiltered 2017 is a barrel-fermented chardonnay with an equal share of body, acidity and texture.Refreshing aromas of grapefruit, citrus and lemon tart combine with moreish chamomile and nuts. A complex white wine that showcases the versatility and finesse of Napa Valley, it is best enjoyed with food.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 10-12°C
- When to drink - Drink now but has potential for ageing
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 14 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
While Napa Valley as a whole experiences a lot of sunshine, the vineyards of Carneros AVA are cooled by sea breezes and fog from San Pablo Bay. This allows chardonnay grapes to ripen slowly while maintaining their necessary acidity levels. Rutherford is a warmer site with richer soils, leading to wines with more body. After blending, the wine spent 12 months in barrels with occasional lees stirring, before being bottled in 2019.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.