Product DetailsCharacterised by liveliness and finesse, Vintage 2003 – named “Vivacious Radiance” by the Krug maison – tells the story of a hot summer that led to a champagne surprisingly fresh and full of energy. While 2003 was a year of extremes, this vintage is considered a testament to the skill of Cellar Master Eric Lebel, who selected the best grapes for the assemblage – or blend.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavour
- Service temperature - 9-12ºC
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.0%
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 2003
This assemblage is made up of a smaller amount of chardonnay (29%), providing aromatic richness, and a higher than usual quantity of black grapes. From the south- and north-facing slopes of Montagne de Reims, pinot noir (46%) adds freshness, while vivacity comes from the meunier (25%) grown in the Champagne villages of Sainte-Gemme, Villevenard and Courmas.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
More to try
This elegant vintage complements gentle flavours
Delicate fish such as sole or turbot, or shellfish with citrus-based sauces, are a good match.
A veal or lamb and quince tagine is an ideal main, allowing the citrus to cut through the richness of the meat.
A bread pudding with redcurrant coulis or an orange and grapefruit gratin would work beautifully with this vintage.