Product DetailsKnown as the “Ode to Nature” by the Krug maison, this vintage expresses the serene and generous character of 2002, which resulted in this elegant champagne with structure and intensity. A textbook example of Krug’s dedication to the art of assemblage, Vintage 2002 is muscular and solid without being heavy. Hints of smoke and toastiness make it ideal for lovers of dramatic champagnes.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavour
- Service temperature - 9-12ºC
- When to drink - Drink now through 2035+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.0%
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 2002
Vintage 2002 balances pinot noir (40%), chardonnay (39%) and meunier (21%). The year was clement, providing ideal conditions for grape maturation, and as grapes arrived at the press they were in excellent and robust health. This bottle spent over 13 years ageing in Krug’s cellars – gaining depth, finesse and elegance – and received its cork in 2015.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
More to try
Balance this “homage to fruit” with savoury flavours
Roasted butternut squash served with kumquat chutney is an ideal starter.
For a main course, choose a duck breast served with its own jus, or a spiced lentil stew with orange zest.
To finish, opt for an orange tiramisu, or a cinnamon brioche with a carrot or ginger and lemon mousse.