Hennessy's "Oh So Classic Cocktails" pay tribute to the golden age of cocktails and for its first edition celebrates the Sazerac, a New Orleans classic that has transcended time. Ideal for gifting, this set comprises a stirring glass, bar spoon and bottle of Hennessy V.S.O.P.The ideal expression of a perfectly balanced cognac, Hennessy V.S.O.P originated from an order placed in 1817 by the future King George IV of the United Kingdom for a “Very Superior Old Pale” cognac.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Serve neat, on the rocks or with a dash of water, in a highball or in a cocktail
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 40.0%
Blend and Origin
The first V.S.O.P – and still a favourite throughout the world – Hennessy V.S.O.P is a reflection of the enduring expertise of the Hennessy Tasting Committee and the Master Blender. Made using a blend of eaux-de-vie that are between four and 15 years old, and mostly matured in seasoned French oak barrels, it finds the perfect balance between character and smoothness.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
- 2 oz Hennessy V.S.O.P cognac
- 1 bar spoon of sugar syrup
- 5 dashes of bitters
- Absinthe for the rinse
- Lemon zest
Put 5 dashes of bitters into a mixing jug, add the sugar syrup and Hennessy VSOP cognac. Rinse the glass with absinthe. Add ice into the mixing jug, stir and strain into the absinthe-coated glass. Squeeze lemon peel over the top to release the oils.
- 35 mL Hennessy VSOP cognac
- 25 mL simple syrup
- 40 mL lemon juice
- Lemon twist
Combine cognac, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into a champagne flute.
Top with champagne and garnish with a small piece of lemon peel.