Product DetailsA 10-year-old single malt ideal for newcomers to whisky as well as connoisseurs, The Original is the truest definition of the Glenmorangie house style – elegant and floral, soft, mellow and creamy. Distilled in the tallest stills in Scotland, this single malt is characterised by softness and complexity – a pleasing paradox that has helped this blend set a high bar for Highland whisky.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 40.0%
Blend and Origin
Glenmorangie The Original
The Original is double distilled in Scotland’s tallest stills, then matured for 10 years in first- and second-fill American ex-bourbon casks, including remarkable, air-dried bespoke “designer casks” from Missouri. During this stage, the whisky develops flavours of peach and vanilla and finds the perfect, complex balance that characterises the house style.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
More to try
- 50 mL Glenmorangie The Original whisky
- ½ flat barspoon of molasses sugar
- 3 drops Angostura bitters
- 75 mL high quality ginger ale
- Garnish: flamed orange zest
Add the whisky and bitters into an old fashioned/rocks glass over ice, and stir.
Top with the ginger ale, flame an orange peel to express the oils, then add as a garnish.
Masséna Tumbler glass by Baccarat