The first Glenmorangie expression to be matured entirely in casks that once contained American rye whiskey, this limited-edition single malt has a savoury elegance and a subtle spice.
Spìos – Scots Gaelic for “spice” – is the ninth release in the distillery’s Private Edition series. Inspired by the heyday of American rye whiskey, this is a bottle for collectors and connoisseurs.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Drink Glenmorangie responsibly
- Alcohol by volume - 46 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
Glenmorangie Spìos is a full-bodied single malt that gains its character from maturation in first-fill rye whiskey casks sourced from the heart of Kentucky. While maintaining Glenmorangie’s characteristic smoothness, esteemed Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation & Whisky Stocks Dr Bill Lumsden has created another innovative edition to add to the Private Edition range.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.