Created for visitors to the Glenmorangie distillery, the Single Cask series of extreme rarities is now available exclusively to Clos19 customers. Single Cask 12836 was matured in a Bandol wine cask, lending the whisky a pleasing minerality.Director of whisky creation Dr Bill Lumsden has experimented with maturing Glenmorangie in red wine casks. For Single Cask 12836, he used a rare Bandol cask. Its robust quality and great potential for ageing add a savoury element to balance Glenmorangie's sweet style.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Neat or with a little water
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 55 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
Single Cask 12836 was distilled in Glenmorangie's copper stills, the tallest in Scotland. The spirit was then matured entirely in a Bandol wine cask, which imparts a savoury edge and creates balance between Glenmorangie's sweet style and the red wine's minerality. Single Cask 12836 is non-chill-filtered for maximum flavour, body and depth.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.