From the Scots Gaelic word for journey, Astar represents a true voyage for Glenmorangie. Matured entirely in bespoke white-oak casks and unfiltered, this single malt is a rich, complex homage to the power of wood.
Remaking a classic takes time, but distiller Bill Lumsden knows only the very best will do. Originally released in 2008, this powerful (52.4% abv) limited-edition iteration of Astar is as highly anticipated as the first.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or 2-3 large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Alcohol by volume - 52.5%
Blend and Origin
A pioneer in wood management, Glenmorangie carefully selects slow-growth white oak from the Ozarks in Missouri for Astar. Air-seasoned and lightly toasted, the casks are filled with bourbon to mature and soften before being shipped to the Scottish Highlands. Here they impart unique flavors to the single malt, while bottling at 52.5% opens up new fragrances and complexity.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.