Eminente Rum Crème Brûlée
Crème brûlée is one of those iconic desserts that can feel intimidating to make at home but is actually quite simple. For an unexpected twist we like our crème brûlée with a touch of rum, specifically Eminente Reserva 7 Years. Follow our step-by-step recipe below for the ultimate at-home indulgence.
Eminente Crème Brûlée Recipe
INGREDIENTS (FOR 6 RAMEKINS)
- 300 ml Eminente Reserva 7 Years
- 400 ml whole milk
- 400 ml liquid cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks
- 50 g white sugar
- 50 g vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (for the top up)
1. Preheat the oven to 140 °C. Prepare a double boiler and place it in the center of the oven.
2. In a saucepan, bring the milk, cream and seeds and the vanilla pod previously opened in half to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for ten minutes.
3. In a bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture turns white. Gradually add the milk and cream to the egg/sugar mixture then add the rum.
4. Divide the preparation among the six ramekins. Place them in the baking dish used for the double boiler.
5. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes at 140 °C. The cream is cooked when it is frozen and remains shaky.
6. Remove the ramekins from the oven, let cool and cover with plastic wrap before placing them in the refrigerator for about 6 hours.