El Diablo with Volcán De Mi Tierra Tequila Blanco
El Diablo is one of the all-time, classic tequila cocktails. It was said to have been first created by the legendary restaurateur Victor ‘Trader Vic’ Bergeron in San Francisco around 1946.
Named ‘the devil’ for the fiery kick from the ginger beer, crème de cassis is added for sweetness to soften the ginger. It’s little wonder this became an iconic cocktail.
El Diablo Recipe
- 1½ oz / 43 mL Volcán de Mi Tierra tequila Blanco
- ½ oz / 14 mL crème de cassis
- ½ oz / 14 mL fresh lime juice
- 2–3 oz / 60-85 mL ginger beer
- Lime wedge and a fresh blackberry
Fill a highball glass with ice.
Combine the tequila, lime juice and crème de cassis in a shaker.
Strain into the glass over the ice.
Top up with ginger beer.
Garnish with a lime wedge and a whole blackberry.