Version dated 26.10.2018
For the purpose of this notice the words 'we' / 'us' / 'our' are in reference to the data controllers defined below.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data (non-exhaustive list:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, addresses, delivery information, date of birth, email address); and
- information that we store to enable you to manage your account (including order & item history, subscription status); and
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website, newsletters and email services (including email address and newsletter preferences) or purchasing a Clos19 gift card or Clos19 e-gift card from us; and
- any other information that you send to us or we collect about you (e.g. IP addresses).
If you provide us with personal data from third parties when you purchase a Clos19 gift card or Clos19 e-gift card for someone else (e.g. name and email address), you confirm that you are authorized to do so. We will use this information only for the purpose of providing or fulfilling the respective gift card.
What about cookies?
For more information, please view our Cookies Notice.
How do you use my personal data?
We useprocess your personal data for the following purposes:
- As required to fulfil a contract with you: This includes operations to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, prevent fraud, communicate with you about you orders and generally to maintain your account with us.
- to comply with our legal obligations orWhere we are required to disclosedo this by law. This includes in connection with legal claims and compliance purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal processesprocess or litigation.).
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to understanddo this and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. This includes operations to know your preferences better, to run our loyalty program or to serve you with meaningful content and advertising or ensure the security and integrity of our website.
Unless you have opted-out from receiving the following (in writing) or tell us at any time in the future that you would like to 'opt-out' from receiving the following, we will, in addition to the purposes noted above, use your email address, postal address, phone number and/or mobile phone number to send to you updates, news and other special offers from us that we think may be of interest to you.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear where there is a statutory or contractual (mandatory) requirement to provide personal data and the consequences of not providing the data (for example, that we will not be able to process your order).
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, we may share your personal data with:
- Moët Hennessy Germany and/or Moët Hennessy USA to provide you with relevant content and services.
- Our service payment provider, CyberSource, who handle all payment transactions completed via our website and act as an independent data controller. We will share information with CyberSource to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website. For more details, please review their privacy statement available at http://www.cybersource.com/privacy
- Travel related agencies acting as independent data controllers. All Third Party Experience transactions completed via our website are handled through Blue Marble Travel Ltd, Grapes Escapes Ltd or Total Management Ltd.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any of our other users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
The website may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. We have put in place European Commission approved standard contractual clauses to protect this data. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these clauses (by contacting us as set out below).
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a one (1) year period of inactivity following their collection date unless otherwise provided by law.
Please note however that appropriate data related to subscription of current services will be deleted one (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services.
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our notice by email.
You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
These rights can be exercised at any time by sending your request by email to Clos19 Data Protection Officer at the following address: Are children allowed to use our website?
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. When placing an order you confirm you are aged 18 or over.
- Updating information about myself
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by contacting us as set out below.
- Controllers of personal data & questions
The data controllers are:
- Moët Hennessy UK Ltd registered in England with company number 371236 and whose registered office is at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH; and
- Moët Hennessy Services UK Ltd, registered in England with company number 8210803 and whose registered office is at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH.
Data Protection Officer: Should you have any questions about this notice or our processing of your personal data, please your request by email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Cookies - What are they?
A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
They are used by most major websites including ours. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
What are cookies used for?
- give you a better online experience
- allow you to set personal preferences
- protect your security
- measure and improve our service
- work with partners and measure marketing
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
- the name of the website that it has come from
- how long the cookie will stay on your device
- a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
The cookies we set
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our website, browse or use our website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make such as the location you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- Category 5: Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
Session cookies - these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies - these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site. We will not store cookies information for longer than 2 years.
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone
You can also amend your preferences: here
What happens if I don't accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the site may not work on your computer or mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.
- Updating information about myself