Version dated 15.01.2018
For the purposes of this notice the words 'we' / 'us' / 'our' are in reference to the data controllers defined below.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data (non-exhaustive list:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, addresses, delivery information, date of birth, email address); and
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website, newsletters and email services; and
- any other information that you send to us or we collect about you (e.g. IP addresses).
What about cookies?
For more information, please view our Cookies Notice.
How do you use my personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, prevent fraud, communicate with you about you orders and generally to maintain your account with us.
- to comply with our legal obligations or to disclose such information in connection with legal processes or litigation.
- to understand your preferences better, to run our loyalty program or to ensure the security and integrity of our website.
- to serve you with meaningful electronic content and advertising.
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, we may share your personal data with:
- Moët Hennessy Germany and/or Moët Hennessy USA to provide you with relevant content and services.
- Our service payment provider, CyberSource, who handle all payment transactions completed via our website and act as an independent data controller. We will share information with CyberSource to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website. For more details, please review their privacy statement available at http://www.cybersource.com/privacy
- Travel related agencies acting as independent data controllers. All Third Party Experience transactions completed via our website are handled through Blue Marble Travel Ltd, or Grapes Escapes Ltd or PMSH SAS (1889 Travel).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any of our other users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser, of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating, selling.
The website may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to this notice by email.
You may request copies and details of personal data that we hold about you at any time. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. Please contact us as set out below.
Are children allowed to use our website?
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. When placing an order you confirm you are aged 18 or over.
Updating information about myself
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by contacting us as set out below.
Controllers of personal data & questions
The data controllers are:
- Moët Hennessy UK Ltd registered in England with company number 371236 and whose registered office is at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH; and
- Moët Hennessy Services UK Ltd, registered in England with company number 8210803 and whose registered office is at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH.
Should you have any questions about this notice or the way we process your personal data, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies - What are they?
A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, that is stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
Cookies are used by most major websites, including ours. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
What are cookies used for?
- give you a better online experience;
- allow you to set personal preferences;
- protect your security;
- measure and improve our service, and;
- work with partners and measure marketing.
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
- the name of the website that it has come from;
- how long the cookie will stay on your device, and;
- a value – usually a randomly generated unique number.
The cookies we set
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our website, browse or use our website and to highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never records personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make such as the location you visit our website from, language preferences, and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits more personalised and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- Category 5: Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the relevant social media networks to find out how their cookies work.
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
Session cookies only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive until either you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These cookies may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone
You can also amend your preferences: here
What happens if I don't accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the site may not work on your device and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.