The cosmopolitan oozes style and femininity thanks to its vibrant pink tones and its association with a famous quartet of glamorous New Yorker who graced our TV screens in the late 1990s. However, its story can be traced decades earlier with a reference to the cosmopolitan in a 1934 cocktail book.
The unique colour is due to the cranberry juice, delicately blended with Belvedere Vodka, triple sec and a dash of lime. The cosmopolitan, or cosmo for short, is an easy cocktail to make and savour as the sweetness of the cranberry balances out the sharpness of Belvedere Citrus Vodka. Oh and you know what? The cosmopolitan isn't just for girls; if a man's rugby shirt can be bright pink, so can his drink. It’s time to get pink back on the bar!
- Cobbler shaker
- 40 mL Belvedere Citrus Vodka
- 20 mL triple sec
- 20 mL cranberry juice 10 mL lime juice
How to mix a cosmopolitan – step by step recipe:
1. Pour the lime juice, cranberry juice and triple sec into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the Belvedere citrus vodka and ice.
3. Shake vigorously.
4. Pour into a cocktail glass, squeeze the lime zest over the glass to release the oils, keeping some to garnish.