Cocktails at Home: Hennessy Berry Lemonade Punch
Punch is the perfect hassle-free drink to make at home, it can be made in large batches and is easy to prepare. Punch translates to "five" in Sanskrit, as the drink was originally made with five ingredients: alcohol, sugar, lemon, water and tea or spices. Early English merchant sailors are often credited for inventing punch from the ingredients they easily obtained on their over-seas Indian odysseys in the early 17th century. After arriving in England and spreading into mainstream society, the drink was then introduced into other European countries. The alcohol used in a punch can be virtually anything: rum, cognac, vodka, wine - still or fortified...
In this punch recipe berries and citrus work with Hennessy Very Special's fruity notes to create a truly fresh and wonderful punch.
THE STEP BY STEP RECIPE
- Add ingredients to a punch bowl and stir to combine before adding ice, preferably a large ice block, to chill.
- Ladle punch into glass, ensuring pieces of each fruit in each serving.
- 75 cL Hennessy Very Special
- 600 mL Ruby port
- 200 mL Creme de muir or cassis
- 300 mL Simple syrup
- 900 mL Fresh lemon juice
- 600 mL Cranberry or raspberry juice
- 900 mL Ginger Ale
- 400 g Blueberries
- 400 g Blackberries
- 400 g Raspberries
- 1 Lemon cut into wheels