Cloudy Bay put New Zealand wine on the map with its sauvignon blanc. The maison's chardonnay, created in the same region, is a match for the great white wines of Burgundy, and deserves as much acclaim.Chardonnay from Cloudy Bay is aged for 11 months in French oak, which adds a subtle creaminess to the wine. This is balanced by tart and round orchard fruit acidity and a subtle salinity.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 10-12°C
- When to drink - Drink now
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Screw Cap
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 13.4% Vol.
Blend and Origin
Vines are grown on the stony soils of Marlborough's Wairau Valley and the cooler clay soils of the Southern Valleys. When blended together, the chardonnay (100%) grapes from these two sites create a complete and balanced wine. A cold spring resulted in lower yields than usual, with fruit reaching optimum ripeness thanks to a warm and dry ripening period.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.