This barrel-influenced dry Provence rosé is often likened to the great white wines of Burgundy and Bordeaux. The 2018 vintage combines grenache and vermentino from Château d'Esclans' finest plots.While old-vine grenache grapes provide luscious raspberry notes, vermentino adds freshness and a fine minerality. Lees stirring twice weekly adds body to this exceptional rosé.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 7-10°C
- When to drink - Ready to drink now
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 14 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
A blend of several varieties – mostly old-vine grenache, along with vermentino and syrah – in which the grapes are destemmed and lightly crushed at a low temperature to avoid oxidation. Vinified in new and second-year demi-muids (large French oak barrels) with bâtonnage – the process of stirring up of the lees to add body – taking place twice weekly.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.