Rich and intriguing, the bittersweet Boulevardier - also known as the Negroni’s autumnal cousin - is ideal for getting things warmed up during the festive season. Simple and easy to make, making it a perfect option if you’re hosting a Christmas or New Year’s party. Simply combine orange liqueur, sweet vermouth and peaty Ardberg whisky, add a couple of ice cubes to freshen things up and stir well. Garnish with a swirl of orange peel, and it’s ready you’re good to go.
How to mix a Boulevardier – the step-by-step recipe
- Add orange liqueur, sweet vermouth and Ardberg whisky to a rock glass.
- Place two ice cubes in the glass.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a rolled orange twist.
- Size jigger
- Bar spoon
- Rock glass
- 35 mL / 1 ¼ oz Ardberg whisky
- 30 mL / 1 oz orange liqueur
- 30 mL / 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 orange twist