This is a complex and intriguing wine from the Toro region of Spain. Beautiful notes of black fruit and spice are met with soft tannins and acidity.Having aged for 14 months in second-use French oak and then some further ageing in bottle, this is a wine that will mature gracefully for the next five or more years.
How to enjoy
- Service temperature - 15-18°C
- When to drink - From now to 2025
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 15% Vol.
Blend and Origin
The tinta de toro (100%) grapes endured a tough first half of the year – hit first by frost and then a polar cold snap – yet the resulting wine was no less powerful and structured than usual thanks to this grape type's thick skin. After spending 14 months in French oak barrels (80% second use) with racking taking place every four months, the wine was bottled in June 2019.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.