Product DetailsAn iconic red wine made from grapes grown in the Teso de los Carriles vineyard in northwest Spain, the 2012 Termanthia reflects the concentration and intensity of Toro’s unique old vines. This bold, modern wine is the ultimate expression of the tinta de toro grape, delivering lively fruit flavours, impressive fullness and a singular mix of elegance and complexity.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Decant three to four hours before serving to experience the wine’s precise flavours at their peak
- Service temperature - 15-18°C
- When to drink - Drink now through 2032
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 15.0%
Blend and Origin
Bodega Numanthia Termanthia 2012
Made from 100% tinta de toro from low-yielding, ancient vines growing in extreme climates in Teso de los Carriles, Argujillo, this vintage is the result of 2012’s hot summer and low rainfall, which yielded concentrated grapes. It is produced using handcrafted methods – the grapes are hand destemmed and crushed by foot – and the blend aged twice in new French oak.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
Robust flavours make the perfect match
This silky red suits meatier seafood such as grilled octopus.
Try seared and roasted duck breast with stewed apples and caraway, or braised veal cheeks and polenta. Or serve a Spanish classic – roasted suckling lamb.
Dark chocolate desserts will complement this wine’s full-bodied flavours.