Product DetailsThe tinta de toro grapes in this magnum of Termanthia come from an ancient single vineyard with grapes of great character and concentration, creating a dark and striking wine – a true Spanish icon. To extract the very best from these vines, some more than 120 years old, delicate and time-consuming techniques such as hand destemming, one-by-one grape selection and crushing by foot are used.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Decant three to four hours before serving to experience the wine’s precise flavours at their peak
- Service temperature - 15-18°C
- When to drink - Drink now through 2032
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 15.0%
Blend and Origin
Bodega Numanthia Termanthia 2011
Termanthia is made from 100% tinta de toro from low-yielding vines grown at an altitude of 800 metres in the Teso de los Carriles vineyard in Argujillo, where the deep and rocky soil and extreme conditions produce grapes of exceptional concentration. An excellent 2011 harvest resulted in this vivacious wine, which was 200% French oak aged – put through new barrels twice.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
A wine to pair with rich, dark meats and flavours
Begin with a small portion of marinated, grilled teriyaki rabbit.
Try slow-braised beef cheeks, a hearty boeuf bourguignon or rack of lamb with a herb crust.
Toasted bread with bitter chocolate, olive oil, sea salt and Jamaican pepper is a challenging but rewarding match. Use 70% cocoa chocolate to complement the wine’s dark flavours.