This feisty limited-edition whisky was bottled in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Ardbeg Committee. Like the black sheep of Islay, Ardbeg Blaaack definitely stands out from the rest.
Known for taking the path less travelled, the distillery aged this Islay single malt whisky in pinot noir casks from New Zealand, adding a dark fruit edge to the characteristic smoky notes.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or two or three large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store vertically in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 46 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
For the first time in Ardbeg’s history, wine casks formerly used for pinot noir were shipped from New Zealand – the remote island nation furthest from Islay – and used to age the whisky. The result is a smoky whisky with notes of sour cherry and black forest fruits. A combination that enhances Ardbeg's already deep and multilayered style.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.