For a quarter of a century, a small collection of barrels has been hidden away in Ardbeg's distillery in Islay, Scotland. In 2021, this 25-year-old whisky experiment will be released…
Despite a long period of aging, Ardbeg's signature smoke and peat are still very prevalent. Over time this whisky, matured in the rarest of casks, has developed complex flavours that beg to be explored.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy neat, with a little water or two or three large rocks of ice
- Service temperature - Room temperature
- When to drink - Ready to drink
- Storage advice - Store upright in a cool, dark, dry place
- Closure - Cap With Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 46 % Vol.
Blend and Origin
The casks used to create Ardbeg 25 Years Old – formerly used for Bourbon – were filled in the 1990s, at a time when Ardbeg was only making a tiny amount of whisky each year. This makes Ardbeg 25 Years Old an extreme rarity, and a dram to savour. Non-chill filtering gives added depth and body and allows the whisky to retain maximum flavour.
This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.