Spring Berry Champagne Cocktail
Nothing says ‘goodbye winter’ like fresh strawberries and bubbles. This spring berry champagne cocktail is the perfect, decadent aperitif for any cocktail party or dinner.
Taking the time to allow the sliced strawberries to soak up the cognac mixture is key to achieving the perfect balance of flavours in this recipe. Give them at least an hour in room temperature to work their magic. If you can, do it the day before for maximum impact (just keep the mixture chilled and covered in this case).
HOW TO MAKE A SPRING BERRY COCKTAIL: THE STEP BY STEP RECIPE
- Combine the cognac, sugar and raspberry spirit in a medium bowl.
- Slice nine strawberries and add them to it.
- Let the mix stand for one hour (or a day ahead), uncovered at room temperature.
- Strain, then divide the mixture into six glasses.
- Add one whole strawberry to each glass, then top up with champagne.
- Champagne coup, or white wine glass
- ½ cup Hennessy V.S
- 4½ tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp framboise eau-de-vie (clear raspberry spirit)
- 15 strawberries, hulled
- 75 cL bottle chilled Moët & Chandon Impérial Champagne