Discover Napa Valley wine country... the Newton Vineyard way. On the slopes of California’s Spring Mountain in 1977, a husband and wife dreamed of creating a world-class winery. Be inspired by the vision they brought to life on Clos19’s exclusive tour of the pioneering Newton Vineyard, near St. Helena. Led by an expert from the estate on your personalised visit, drink in the sweeping views of Napa Valley that sparked its founders’ imagination, enjoy a Michelin-starred restaurant's picnic near the vineyards they planted, and taste the exemplary wines that result.Newton strives to create wines in harmony with nature. And in its little slice of wine country, find your inner balance too. Refocus with a private mediation session at the estate’s highest point; harvest honey from the estate’s hives (if you’re brave enough); visit the winery to see for yourself how Newton goes the extra mile – and savour wines from its three distinctive vineyards. Every taste will be enhanced by the spectacular beauty of your surroundings.
Whet your appetite with these highlights of your all-day visit:
- Breakfast bountifully by Newton’s tranquil ponds. Capturing rain to nourish the vines, they’ll give you an insight into Newton’s unique balance with nature.
- Explore the estate’s Spring Mountain vineyard, walking the terroir that brings Newton’s Cabernet Sauvignon grapes the rare opulence and vibrancy you’ll taste in the wines.
- Take a private meditation or yoga session at the estate’s highest point and rebalance. With spectacular views, this is where the lone pine tree of Newton’s emblem, once stood.
- Taste four wines from Newton’s Single Vineyards range. With your expert host, you’ll pick out the distinctive terroirs of the estate’s three vineyards in each.
- Picnic gourmet-style, thanks to the Michelin-starred Meadowood restort, nearby. Pair unfiltered chardonnay and local cheeses with honey you can harvest yourself, (if you’re feeling adventurous!).
- Learn the secrets of Newton’s meticulous wine-making process in the winery. Perhaps even meet the winemaker himself.
- Discover the cool, quiet barrel caves, carved out of the hillside to create the perfect conditions for ageing wine.
- Transport within the Newton Vineyard