We’re fizzing with excitement over Paris Fashion Week. And how better to celebrate the catwalk’s vogue than with this sparkling serve? Our toast to Madame Clicquot, the erstwhile grande dame of champagne, combines the richness of saffron and honey with passion fruit’s sumptuous tartness and smooth Belvedere vodka.
Add depth – and a soupçon of Parisian flair – with Burlesque Bitters, then top with the biscuity sophistication of Veuve Clicquot. Creamy, complex and elegantly luxurious, our cocktail exudes the kind of effortless chic which is always à la mode.
How to mix the Madame Burlesque – step by step
- In a shaker combine vodka, lemon juice, syrup, bitters and passion fruit.
- Shake and double strain into a flute and top with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Recipe of the saffron honey syrup
- Combine two parts honey with one part warm water.
- Stir in a few strands of saffron.
- Leave to infuse for a few hours.
- Bar spoon
- Ice tongs
- Champagne glass. Here we used the Krug Joseph Glass by Riedel
- 25 mL Belvedere vodka
- 10 mL lemon juice
- 15 mL saffron honey syrup
- 2 dash Burlesque bitters
- ½ fresh passion fruit
- Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label
- Lemon twist