Product DetailsCrafted during a climatically chaotic year, Krug 2000 is called “Stormy Indulgence” by the maison. Having spent more than 12 years in Krug’s cellars, this vintage champagne has extraordinary finesse. Krug Vintage 2000 is one of the maison’s most intense champagnes, created in one of the warmest years in which Krug has made a vintage. Powerful and aromatic, it has strong ageing potential.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavour
- Service temperature - 9-12ºC
- When to drink - Drink now through 2030+
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Closure - Cork
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 12.0%
Blend and Origin
Krug Vintage 2000
This vintage comprises 42% pinot noir, which provides power, 43% aromatic and expressive chardonnay, and 15% generous meunier. The year 2000 was extreme – hot, rainy and stormy, but the harvest was bountiful and the grapes were astoundingly rich, creating a vintage that combines the complexity and generosity of a very exciting year.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
Sweet, sour and spicy will match this champagne’s intensity
This vintage will complement the bold flavours of contemporary sweet and sour dishes such as caramelised scallops and pineapple.
A dark poultry such as pigeon or duck, served with a confit of vegetables and a spicy sauce or rich gravy, is a perfect pairing.
This champagne is excellent with desserts featuring roasted fruits such as bananas or peaches.