Skip to content Skip to navigation

Krug Les Créations de 2006 75 cL x6 with wooden box

FREE standard delivery on orders above 100€ with the code 'FREEDEL19' - Contactless delivery with DHL - Please note our delivery times may be slightly extended
Call us — 0698 679 8102
Contact Hours

Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm

|
FREE standard delivery on orders above 100€ with the code 'FREEDEL19' - Contactless delivery with DHL - Please note our delivery times may be slightly extended
LUXURY CHAMPAGNES, WINES & SPIRITS

Krug Les Creations 2006

Wooden case with 6 bottles - 75 cL

FREE STANDARD DELIVERY ON ORDERS ABOVE 100€ WITH THE CODE 'FREEDEL19'

Loading
  • Product Details

    Composed around the harvest of 2006, this collection contains three bottles of Krug Vintage 2006 and three bottles of 162ème Édition in a wooden case.

    Discover a true show-stopper in Vintage 2006, and explore the art of assemblage with 162ème, a blend of vintage and reserve wines from Krug’s extensive library.
  • How to enjoy

    • The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavour
    • Service temperature - 9-12°C
    • When to drink - From now to 2037-plus
    • Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15°C), dark place, and away from vibrations
    • Closure - Cork
    • Health warning - Contains sulphites
    • Alcohol by volume - 12 % Vol.
  • Blend and Origin

    2006 in Champagne was considered hot and unpredictable, with temperatures regularly reaching 30°C, and plenty of rain. Vintage 2006 combines pinot noir (45%), chardonnay (35%) and meunier (20%), while 162ème Édition (44% pinot noir, 35% chardonnay and 21% meunier) is a blend of 142 wines from 11 different years, the youngest from 2006.


One harvest, two remarkable champagnes

The Founder's Vision
The Founder's Vision

Joseph Krug's vision was to create two champagnes in one year. “Champagne Number 1”, which is known today as Krug Grande Cuvée, is the fullest expression of champagne, and should be recreated every year, regardless of annual climate variations. “Champagne Number 2” should therefore be the opposite; exemplifying the circumstances of the year in which it was created, and this is possible thanks to the maison's expertise in assemblage.

Krug Vintage 2006: Patience
Krug Vintage 2006: Patience

For Krug, it is of utmost importance that each vintage reaches a level of quality considered worthy of its founder's vision. For the 2006 vintage, that took 12 years. During this time, Cellar Master Eric Lebel and his tasting committee tasted and compared notes on its development, before declaring it worthy of release.

Krug 162ème Édition: Assemblage
Krug 162ème Édition: Assemblage

As with every Krug Grand Cuvée champagne, the 162ème Édition is testament to the skill of the maison and its winemakers. Although created in the same year as Krug Vintage 2006, this cuvée does not replicate the characteristics of 2006, and is instead the fullest expression of Krug champagne, achieved through blending. While the 2006 wines (60%) provided round indulgence, the other 40% reserve wines added freshness and tension.

Food pairing:
Combine with rich ingredients

Main

Pair Vintage 2006 with a rich and fragrant chicken tagine with preserved lemons, or perhaps a slow-roasted leg of lamb with a ratatouille-inspired sauce. 162ème Édition lends itself to a range of flavours, from an aged Parmesan to turbot served on a bed of truffled polenta.

One harvest, two remarkable champagnes

The Founder's Vision
The Founder's Vision

Joseph Krug's vision was to create two champagnes in one year. “Champagne Number 1”, which is known today as Krug Grande Cuvée, is the fullest expression of champagne, and should be recreated every year, regardless of annual climate variations. “Champagne Number 2” should therefore be the opposite; exemplifying the circumstances of the year in which it was created, and this is possible thanks to the maison's expertise in assemblage.

Krug Vintage 2006: Patience
Krug Vintage 2006: Patience

For Krug, it is of utmost importance that each vintage reaches a level of quality considered worthy of its founder's vision. For the 2006 vintage, that took 12 years. During this time, Cellar Master Eric Lebel and his tasting committee tasted and compared notes on its development, before declaring it worthy of release.

Krug 162ème Édition: Assemblage
Krug 162ème Édition: Assemblage

As with every Krug Grand Cuvée champagne, the 162ème Édition is testament to the skill of the maison and its winemakers. Although created in the same year as Krug Vintage 2006, this cuvée does not replicate the characteristics of 2006, and is instead the fullest expression of Krug champagne, achieved through blending. While the 2006 wines (60%) provided round indulgence, the other 40% reserve wines added freshness and tension.

Food pairing:
Combine with rich ingredients

Main

Pair Vintage 2006 with a rich and fragrant chicken tagine with preserved lemons, or perhaps a slow-roasted leg of lamb with a ratatouille-inspired sauce. 162ème Édition lends itself to a range of flavours, from an aged Parmesan to turbot served on a bed of truffled polenta.