Krug Clos du Mesnil is a true rarity. From Krug’s single walled parcel of vines in Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, prized for its chardonnay, the 2004 vintage reveals the full potential of this exceptional plot.Crisp and vivacious – and singular in every way – this champagne has aged for 12 years in the Krug cellars, developing a precise character and striking grace.
How to enjoy
- The perfect serve - Enjoy in a Joseph glass or white wine glass to fully explore the depth of aroma and flavor
- Service temperature - 9-12°C
- Storage advice - Store horizontally in a cool (10-15C), dark place, and away from vibrations
- Health warning - Contains sulphites
- Alcohol by volume - 12,5%
Blend and Origin
Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004
Clos du Mesnil 2004, comprising 100% chardonnay from Krug’s single walled plot in Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, is a true rarity. A year of exceptional conditions made the house of Krug declare this champagne a vintage early on – ideal weather leading up to the harvest resulted in characterful, mature grapes. Twelve years of aging in the cellars have added to its striking profile.
Additional delivery charges may apply. This product can only be purchased by persons over 18 years of age.
Pairs beautifully with delicate dishes
Start with seared scallops or a tuna carpaccio.
Serve this rare champagne with lobster, pan-seared sea bass with beurre blanc or flounder fillet in a saffron sauce. For a meat dish, try a delicately flavored blanquette de veau.